New and Established Patient Appointments (618) 277-3197
New Patients are welcome from most insurance plans.
- Shiloh's first Family Medicine Physician is Dr. David Mitchell, of The Country Doctor, Ltd, located off Hartman Lane in St. Clair County, Illinois. At the Family Medicine of Shiloh office, patients receive care from a Board Certified Physician.
- New patients are welcome to join the practice. The new patient may want to visit the NEW PATIENT FORMS section. Please bring the completed forms to the initial appointment. Paper forms are available to patients without internet access. Insured and self paying new patients usually are scheduled the same week of the call
- Same day and next day appointments usually are available to most established patients, who are part of the accepted insurance plans. Two phone lines exist for appointments, 277-3197 or 277-3214.
- Dr. David Mitchell is the only family doctor in the Shiloh and O'Fallon area to admit patients to Memorial Hospital of Shiloh and St. Elizabeth’s Hospital, who will actually care for you when you are sick in the hospital. Dr. David Mitchell is the only family doctor, who actually performs the full admitting privileges at Belleville Memorial Hospital, Shiloh Memorial Hospital, and St. Elizabeth's Hospital combined.
- Why choose The Country Doctor for your care?
- You see the same doctor at each office and hospital visit, meaning you see a doctor who is familiar with your care.
- Dr. David Mitchell cares for inpatients and outpatients. The Country Doctor balances classic family medicine care with modern technology.
- Familiarity and reassurance. Simply having a familiar person care for you in the office and hospital is very rewarding to the patient and the physician. Seeing the same doctor means a decreased medication error rate and a high quality of care.
- Stability. Dr. David Mitchell grew up in the Belleville/Shiloh area. Dr. David Mitchell has cared for patients at the same location since 2002 and has been a physician since 1999. Dr. David Mitchell survived the 2004 exodus of doctors and built a strong practice of quality patients.
- Cost savings. The Country Doctor is the first St. Clair County practice to publish its common fee schedule. By having a low overhead, the Country Doctor helps the patients save money.
- Saturday and flexible hours. Saturday hours save you time and money, by not going to the emergency department for a urinary tract infection or a sinus infection.
- Email is available at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to e-mail for non same day appointments and nonurgent questions.
- Common vaccines are in stock, including meningitis, shingles, pneumonia, seasonal flu, tetanus/pertussis, and hepatitis A/B.
- In-office lab testing is available with almost immediate results, including for urinalysis, screening for diabetes with a Hemoglobin A1C, and INR coagulation monitoring for patients on warfarin/coumadin. Full lipid/cholesterol panels with glucose testing for annual insurance physicals with 5 minute results are available.
The Country Doctor welcomes the patients who will choose the same doctor for their inpatient and outpatient care in an independent practice setting.
When an established patient calls after hours for an urgent health concern, the patient talks to Dr. David Mitchell. The exchange number is for established patients and health care workers. If you have an after hours urgent question or concern, please call 277-3214. If it is important enough to call Dr. Mitchell, then you must be seen in the office within 48 hours for an evaluation of your medical concern. Please note that a board certified physician, Dr. David Mitchell, personally calls you back for your concern.
Dr. David Mitchell is the only physician to start a solo practice since 2002 and to maintain independence. Dr. David Mitchell continues to see inpatients at the local Belleville, Shiloh, and soon O'Fallon hospitals. The Country Doctor also sees skilled nursing facility patients, including at Mercy in Swansea, Memorial Care Center, Four Fountains, and a few other facilities. Dr. David Mitchell believes in continuity of care in an independent setting.
Dr. David Mitchell is the first solo, independent physician to admit a patient to the new Shiloh Memorial Hospital East. Dr. David Mitchell is is one of handful of doctors who sees patients at St. Elizabeth's Hospital, Belleville Memorial Hospital, and Memorial Hospital East. Being listed on staff at a hospital does not mean that your regular physician will see you for your inpatient care.
- Please feel free to click on the links at the bottom of the page to learn about the practice. Thank you for exploring the website, and we hope that you will find a home for your primary care medical needs at The Country Doctor.